cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity: Can't retrieve voicemail from phone, but received email.

almarcabato
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any help will be much appreciated. I've been trying to fix this issue for 3 of 280 voicemail users for a month now but of no success. I tried following solutions from this link (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1184794#1184794) also but of no success. When I'm trying to retrieve voicemail from the phone, it says, "Sorry, this system is temporarily unable to complete your call. Please call again later. Good bye."

I have Unity version = 4.0(3.0). From the Unity application event viewer, I can see these two errors after I tried to retrieve the voicemail.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: CiscoUnity_ConvMsg
Event Category: Network
Event ID: 10046
Date:  9/26/2011
Time:  PM 4:57:24
User:  N/A
Computer: NTUCUN01
Description:
Unity was unable to determine the mailbox status for the subscriber. Unity needs to know if the mailbox has the ability to send and recive mails. Technical details - GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 98 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp.

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type: Error
Event Source: CiscoUnity_ConvMsg
Event Category: Network
Event ID: 10045
Date:  9/26/2011
Time:  PM 4:57:24
User:  N/A
Computer: NTUCUN01
Description:
Unity was unable to retrive the mailbox for the subscriber to verify the status of the mailbox. Unity needs to know if the mailbox has the ability to send and recive mails. Possible reasons could be a missing mailx, which can be determined through DBWalker or a corrupt memory. Technical information IAvDohMailUser::get_PrimaryMailbox returned [0x8004000c] on line 199 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp. Check the return code through DohErrorTest tool.

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you tried any or all of these steps:

1)Run Permissions Wizard again.

2)From the AD Users and Computers snap-in, check the mailbox rights of the affected users. Compare their permissions with those of working users.Make appropriate Changes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310866

3)Use dohproptest to log in to the affected users mailbox and confirm if you can log in successfully.

you can find dohproptest tools in Commserver/TechTools folder.

#From start button, goto run and give the complete path of the "dohproptest.exe" file followed by "-a" switch as shown below:

"C:\Commserver\TechTools\dohproptest.exe -a"

#When asked for password, put in any random password and continue.

#Click on the "Ignore" button in the next warning window.

#You should now see the main window of the tool.

• Highlight MailUsers.

• #Highlight the alias of the subscriber who cannot listen to their messages over the phone.

• #Click Get User's Mailbox.

•  
  • almarcabato
    Level 1
    Level 1

Hi Saurabh Agnihotri,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't done step 1 yet. I'll do it once I'm back to my office. I tried step 2 and I can see that users permissions are the same. For step 3, I got this error when I ran dohproptest for one of the affected users:

Failed to get user's mailbox: 8004000c

File: e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Doh1\DohPropTest\MailboxStatusDlg.cpp

Line 132Failed to get user's mailbox: 8004000c
    File: e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Doh1\DohPropTest\MailboxStatusDlg.cpp
    Line 132

Thanks!

almarcabato
    Level 1
    Level 1

Hi,

I was about to complete Permissios Wizzard, however I'm not sure which check box to select in step "Which objects can be created in Active Directory using the Cisco Unity Administrator?" I'm afraid also that this may affect other users that has no issue. Is this procedure service impacting?

Thanks!