cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connecetion 8.x PCA notification

kevin.sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way disable "Include message Information in message text" or not have the caller id and number when a message is sent to an email address only?

We are not using unified messaging and I would like to receive caller id information  when checking messages from tui I just can't have the caller information when sent to my smtp notification device (email)

7 Replies 7

Thanks for your response Rob,

I know that this can be done by individual PCA user

Step 8

Check the Include Message Information in Message Text check box if you want Connection to include information about the new message in the text string that is sent to the notification device. This information can include caller name and caller ID (if available); the type of message (voice, fax); the time that the message was received; and, if the message was marked private or urgent, an indication of this status.

I am trying to find a way to disable this check box so the users can’t make this choice.

Any thoughts on how we can disable the button for PCA users?

Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

Now I've got you

Let me look into this a bit. I don't think this option can be hidden/disabled

but let me look around/test.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

We just can’t have caller information in the message sent to the users email box

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

I've had a close look through the documentation and don't see any setting

granular enough to turn off that setting access for users.Sadly we don't run 8.x

so I can't test this for you

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you for checking Rob. From TAC

How are you? My name is Justin and I will be assisting you with this SR.

Unfortunately the subject lines for notifications devices are not controlled by the subject line formats configuration. So there is no current way to limit that via the subject lines.

To limit access for users you can use the class of service functionality. I did check the COS settings and I did not see a specific field to limit changes to the notification devices. Only a setting to disable access to the messaging assistant.

Since this feature would need to be added to UC I suggest contacting your account team to see if they can apply for a feature enhancement to UC.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Kevin,

You are always welcome my friend

Thanks for posting back with the results from your TAC case

this will help someone else with the same query down the road. +5 for this

kind follow-up.

Cheers!

Rob