cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity connection 8.6.2 (unified messaging & LDAP integration)

Syed Akbar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support team ,

i would like to configure cisco unified messaging by using cisco unity connection 8.6.2 and cucum 9.1.1 so that i get the voice mail on outlook 2010 as we exhange server 2010.

Also LDAP intergration with cisco unity connection 8.6.2

So please provide the steps for the configuration because cisco doc huge data to read . if simple steps highly appreciate or else any videos .

Regards

Syed

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to read the manual. We're here to help but are doing so for free on our own time. If you have a specific question or issue after following the steps in that guide you're welcome to reply and we'll attempt to assist.

Unified Messaging Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.5 and Later

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the information, I have created the voice mail pilot number and then configure the cisco vmail on the cisco phone.

when i dial the DN its going to voice mail and then record message and play its ok .  but when i want to get voice mail from ip phone its asking the pin and i try the same pin which i reset pin from the cucm 9.1.1 under user management.

But still its not excepting the PIN . So please advice how i can hear the voice mail which is on th phone.

Regards

Syed

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CXN does not use the CUCM End User PIN. Choose the Edit > Change Password option on the user mailbox within CXN.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

when i try to change the the voice mail password for the user  its give the error i,e  Trivial credentials prohibited by credential policy.

So please advice higly appreicate for your fast response.

regards

syed

Currently using unity connection 8.6

To integrate and configure the unified messaging service with exhange 2010. According to  doc Unified Messaging Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.5 and Later. Does i need to do this step as we are not using unity connnection 8.5 . cisco Doc mention 8.5 only not later version "Removing EWS Limits for the Unified Messaging Services Account for Cisco Unity  Connection 8.5 (Exchange 2010 Only)"

Thanks

Syed            

Hi Syed,

I believe this is in 'Authentication Rules' > 'Recommended Authentication Voice Mail Rule' >  uncheck the box next to '

Thanks for the information. i have able to login now  but i can't get message which i have recorded. its playing automaitc message to record u first name and last name . but i can't hear what i recorded.

So please advice .

Thanks

Syed