Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection 8.6 upgrade to 10.5

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I would just like to have an opinion from you guys regarding CUC upgrade. We are planning to upgrade the CUC from 8.6 to 10.5 and these are the steps that will be conducted.

1. DRS Backup of CUC.

2. Install ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn in the OS page.

3. Change the vmware setting (RAM, hard disk and Network adapter to VMXNet3)

4. Install the upgrade file 10.5 (Direct upgrade from 8.6 to 10.5)

5. Migrate the license of 8.6 before/after upgrade.

6. Switch to upgraded version.

I would like to clarify these:

1. Do version 8.6 can be directly upgrade to 10.5? I cannot find any good document from Cisco I just read in the forum that it is supported so I assumed.

2. How to change the Network adapter setting to VMXnet3 from Flexible? Do I need to turn off the vmware or I can add another network adapter on the spot?

3. What are the process to migrate the license of CUC 8.6 to be compatible in 10.5? Do I need to inform Cisco that I will upgrade my system so they will give me a permanent license once already upgraded to the new version?

Appreciate your response. Thank you

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is covered in the Unity Connection Install & Upgrade guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/install_upgrade/guide/10xcuciumgx/10xcuciumg030.html

Table 3-1 Upgrade Matrix for Unity Connection

Upgrade Type
Upgrade Path
Description

Service Update (SU)

Examples of supported paths:

• 10.5.x/10.5.xSUx1 to 10.5.xSUx2
  • 8.6.x/8.6.xSUx1 to 8.6.xSUx2
  • SU is installed on the inactive partition to which you can switch later on.
  • ISO images are non-bootable images not meant for installation.

Refresh Upgrade (RU)

8.5 or earlier to 10.x or later

• If the RHEL version of the Unity Connection operating system changes during an upgrade, it is referred to as a Refresh Upgrade (RU).
  • You need the following COP files before performing this upgrade:

ciscocm.refresh_upgrade.cop

ciscocm.version3-keys.cop

• The new version is installed on the inactive partition. You should perform automatic switch version during RU for successful upgrade.

9.x.x or earlier to 10.x or later

• You need the following COP files before performing this upgrade:

ciscocm.version3-keys.cop

• The new version is installed on the inactive partition. You should perform automatic switch version during RU for successful upgrade.

For more information on changing the Guest Operating System and network adapter, see the corresponding Readme of the OVA template at

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283062758&flowid=45673&softwareid=282074348&release=OVA-10.5(2)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest.

For licensing please open a case with Cisco TAC licensing team by calling TAC Frontline or email them at licensing@cisco.com.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: