cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection voicemail user included in Enhaced License?

jesusjimenez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team! 

I'm working migrating a CUCM 8.6 to 12.5, well actually I'll do soon, but I have a question about licensing. The most of license migrated will be enhanced and Enhanced Plus users licenses, but I don't see nothing about licenses for Unity Connection for thoses users. I know than CUWL lincenses includes this feature, and my question comes when I did read this sentence in Cisco Unified Communications Licensing doc:

• For Cisco Unity Connection, the Basic license includes rights to one Cisco Unity Connection user. The user has advanced voicemail access (IMAP,
unified messaging, phone, and web) and voice recognition. (If you are using voice recognition, you must order Speech Connect ports separately.)

I'm really confused, is there someone can guide me?

Need I add license for voicemail users? and how can I add them?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UCL is per-product licensing while UWL is a suite of product licenses for a user. The easiest comparison is buying MS Word vs. MS Office.

A third alternative is Cisco’s Flex subscription model. As with the rest of the software industry right now, Cisco is chasing the deferred revenue model. Flex is a subscription and not a perpetual entitlement but the pricing models are increasingly tilted in its favor. At least discuss this with your Cisco partner and CFO to understand whether it’s a good fit. The vast majority of the deals I see lately are Flex subscriptions.

Thank you Jonathan! Yes, we know the flax plan and we like it, in fact we will use it for Webex and UCCX plans. But now we need to know if with enhanced licenses will be enough to provide voicemail uses to my migrated users. if not, we are looking for the way to add it in this deployment.

No, a UCL-anything license for CUCM does not include a voicemail license. That would require a separate UCL license for CUC. If you have partner access, here are the ordering guides that give you the PID breakdown. If you're an end customer this type of question is something your partner should be answering.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/partners/tools/collaboration-ordering-guides.html