Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Express (CUE) Auto Attendant Scripting

mohsin majeed
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

i am about to deploy CUE for auto attendant as below requirement.

1 - Welcome to "XYZ" , Press 1 for Language 1 and 2 for language 2

2 - In order to provide you with better service this call will be recorded (may this message will be merge with welcome prompt)

3 - If you know the extension of the party you are calling please dial it now or press 0 for the operator assistance.

4 - Thank you for your patience, your call matters to us. Please hold and you will be transferred in a moment.

5 - Sorry to keep you waiting, all our agents are not available at the moment, please try again later or leave a message after the tone, Thank you.

Closing hours

Welcome to "XYZ", our working hours are from 9 am until 5 pm Sunday to Thursday, except on official holidays please call us during the mentioned working hours.

My question, is it really possible to implement point number 4 and 5 in CUE. Software version would be 9 or 10X

You can share your own thoughts for prompt or script modification.

appreciate your help

Mohsin Majeed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have an option to either send the call directly to B-ACD where prompts be played (b-ACD uses TCL script), or send it to CUE (from CME) and then redirect to B-ACD associated number, all comes down to  what other prompts should be available in the initlal menu,

B-ACD comes with pre-recorded prompts that you can replace with your own on the flash of the router, here is link to B-ACD config guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/cme40tcl.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot queue with CUE, your option if you are planning on doing small contact center would be to use CME B-ACD assuming you have CME, or if you have CUCM then CCX or native CUCM call queueing.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the clarification.

I am having CME, can you please elaborate a little more about the call flow in my case. Incoming calls from PSTN would go to CUE directly? and then CME B-ACD? Do i need to record prompts for B-ACD

I am exploring about B-ACD since i have never experienced. Meanwhile, if you can share your thoughts about B-ACD implementation, i can work on CUE part. 

What would be the steps to achieve

You have an option to either send the call directly to B-ACD where prompts be played (b-ACD uses TCL script), or send it to CUE (from CME) and then redirect to B-ACD associated number, all comes down to  what other prompts should be available in the initlal menu,

B-ACD comes with pre-recorded prompts that you can replace with your own on the flash of the router, here is link to B-ACD config guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/cme40tcl.html

Hi Chris,

this is very informative, only one thing that , is there any compatibility matrix between TCL script versions and CME versions. For example, i have cme version 9.1 , script version are according to cme version or we can run any script version with any cme version.

Hi Chris,

this is very informative, only one thing that , is there any compatibility matrix between TCL script versions and CME versions. For example, i have cme version 9.1 , script version are according to cme version or we can run any script version with any cme version.