Helpful
Replies

cisco unity installation

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I need to ask that

i installed cisco unity connection 8.5 on MCS server and then i uninstalled it and then i installed cisco unity 8.5 on the same server.

Do you think it there should be any problem.

Regards,

Malik.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Connection runs on Linux and Unity runs on Windows. You'll have to format the logical drive so nothing from one platform will carry over to the other. This will go just fine.

PS- Note that Unity is being replaced by Unity Connection. Do not deploy Unity to a new customer production environment; it's EoS announcement is immanent.

View solution in original post

Indeed. Unity 8.0 is now EoS and shouldn't be used for new deployments. Connection is the way to go.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps6509/end_of_life_notice_c51-681593.html

HTH. Barry

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Connection runs on Linux and Unity runs on Windows. You'll have to format the logical drive so nothing from one platform will carry over to the other. This will go just fine.

PS- Note that Unity is being replaced by Unity Connection. Do not deploy Unity to a new customer production environment; it's EoS announcement is immanent.

Indeed. Unity 8.0 is now EoS and shouldn't be used for new deployments. Connection is the way to go.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps6509/end_of_life_notice_c51-681593.html

HTH. Barry

thanks Barry

Thanks Jonathan

Siddharam M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

I planning to migrate from Unity 8.0(3) to Unity Connection 8.5 .

I have a doubt regarding licensing.  Can we use the same license for the unity connection also or we need to buy seperate license..???

Thanks in Advance...!!!!!!!

Regrds,

Siddu

Siddharam M

I just went through this same migration from Unity 5.x to Unity Connection 8.x. 

My company purchased new I3 servers for Unity Connection.  I logged on to the PUT tool and used the Edelivery to order the correct Unity Connection Software server licenses.  I then opened a TAC case with the licensing team and had them re-issue me a new license file based on the licenses I had for Unity 5.x.

The process to redo the licesning took a couple a days.

Good luck with your migration!

Del

Hi Del ,

I dont have PUT subscription .

I am planning to Install the Unity Connection on the same server. Will cisco Migrate my licenses free or does this cost ..??

Regards,

Siddharam

PUT is not a subscription, if you have valid Cisco UCSS support contract then you request the license PAK/media through PUT portal: cisco.com/upgrade.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Siddu

Did you follow the steps outlined by Tere from Cisco here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12859

Cheers!

Rob

Thanx Rob ..... this is what i was looking for.....!!!!!

Siddharam M

The PUT tool is located at http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/index.jsp 

If you have a software support contract associated with your CCO ID then you can use that contract number to get a list of available downloads from PUT.

If you do not have a support contract I dont belive your going to be able to proceed. 

Regardless I would still send an email to licensing requesting your Unity Connection licenses

Since your using the same hardware If you send an email to licensing@cisco.com with your existing licenses and explain to them you are migrating from Unity to Unity Connected same hardware they "should" provide you with your new license files.

This will be free of charge.

Hey Del,

Perfect overview my friend +5

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: