cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Invalid Entry on one DN

PNI-ITRNP
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Telephony environment I am helping to support.

We have an interesting issue that I cannot seem to find an answer for and I am hoping someone here has run into this issue before or has some pointers they can suggest.

When a person calls from outside, reaches the call handler and then enters a DN to be transferred to, we receive the “Wait while I transfer your call” and then “I do not recognize that as a valid entry”.

Here is the thing, it works for every DN except one, that we know of.

For example, if the caller enters DN 3904 it works, if they enter 3930 it works. However, if they enter 3925 we get the not a valid entry error message.

Now, DN 3904 has no mailbox, 3925 does and is a User in Unity. In addition, we have the setting “Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers” on the Greeting, but again only this one extension does not work.

I have checked the User in CUCM and CUC, checked the devices, and ensured they are using the correct CSS, and other settings match to DN’s that do work.

I’m not sure what else to look at, so I’m looking for any advice that can help me solve this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you have under transfer settings for 3925?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you have under transfer settings for 3925?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

OMG – You are the MAN!!!

I didn’t even think about looking at that, but it looks like this extension was originally configured for someone else at one point, and the Transfer Rule had an Alternate Rule for an external number. This Alternate Rule was not required for this new user.

I turned that off leaving the default Standard Rule, tested, and BAM was transferred to the extension!

I knew another clear mind would help resolve this!!!

Thanks so much for your assistance.

To add to this, I also realized that the external number set for the Alternate rule was incorrectly set, since users need to dial "9" to get out. The reason for the "not a valid entry" error message.

Knowing that Unity will follow the same call flow, I now know that I could simply add "9" to the number (if this number was valid for this user) for the transfer to work.

Thanks again!

SteveNode03
Level 1
Level 1

For me it was under: CUC > Calll Management > System Call Handlers > MyOwnCallHander > Edit > Greetings > Standard > During Greeting > Check: Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: