cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Licensing renewal times out

rogalskij
Level 1
Level 1

Our Cisco Unity instance (12.5.1.12900-56) is unable to provision new voicemail accounts because it times out when trying to renew the licensing. 

On the main page after login I get the error message:  " This Product Instance did not successfully renew its license authorization prior to the authorization expiration date". 

When I go the licensing page it claims the "authorization" has expired.  And when I try to renew the authorization it fails with a timeout message of "Communication Timeout - Will Reattempt Automatically". 

The box appears to be able to get to the internet, I am just not sure why it hasn't communicated with the Smart Licensing Server since March.  Any assistance would be so greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure it's able to connect to the online servers and nothing is blocking communication. Try to de register and try a new token. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure it's able to connect to the online servers and nothing is blocking communication. Try to de register and try a new token. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

From Unity Check  if you can reach  tools.cisco.com . 

Response Signature

As Java wrote try to redo the entire registration process for Smart Licensing on the system. I’ve seen this happen on a few of our systems, not just CUC. The difference is that we use on-prem SSM, not cloud SSM, but in general it should be pretty much the same thing.

To get to know about these things and be able to take action on it before it goes out of compliance I’d recommend you to setup the appropriate alarm items in RTMT for the licensing and have it send out alert/warning emails so that you can take action on this before it goes out of authorisation.

Response Signature

I have a customer with an on-prem SSM. The change in CCO credentials from a name to an email address meant I had to redo the connection to the cloud SSM from the on-prem SSM. That could be why the connection has failed to update.

Thanks @Elliot Dierksen
Actually I ran into this problem well before this specific change for the CCO login. Now it's been rock solid for awhile.

Response Signature

rogalskij
Level 1
Level 1

I have verified that my Unity box can get out to the internet. Ping to tools.cisco.com works totally fine so I suspect it isn't connection that is the issue.  But we did change over Unity from local accounts for voicemail to LDAP (Active Directory) accounts.  It might have been around the time frame.  I have never done the token reset thing.  Just generate a new token, de-register in Unity and register again with the new token?

rogalskij
Level 1
Level 1

FIXED!  Thank you all so much for the suggestions.  As mentioned several times the steps to fix this are:

1. Verify Unity can ping tools.cisco.com
  2. from the licensing page "de-register" the Unity Publisher
  3. log into Smart License Manager and generate a new token from the  "General" tab of the main page
  4. copy the new token form the Smart License" page and paste it into the "register" window when asked on Unity
  5. It will register, then after a few moments it also automatically authorized

Thank you all in the Cisco Communications Community.  You all are very helpful and kind and it is so greatly appreciated!

licensed.png