Helpful
Replies

CISCO Unity: Phone Number or URI input is invalid

mschmerbeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I am kind of stuck here.

So I have one user which I try to import to Cisco Unity from CUCM. But it allways fails with the message "Error importing user: Phone Number or URI input is invalid."

I allready tried to consult Dr. Google but ultimately I failed because every time I found this message they only talk about failed imports from LDAP (even Cisco itself does this). But I do not import from LDAP I try to import from CUCM.

So what I tried is to delete everything from CUCM. So I deleted the user, the phone number and his device profile. After adding all of them again I got the same error. I also tried a different number which also failed.

I can import any user from CUCM, only this one does not seem to work.

Kind regards

1 Reply 1

shreyasv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for posting this @mschmerbeck . I realize this is a very old issue, but I just found it today when I was searching for the issue.
If anyone else encounters this problem, try adding the user manually or reducing the URI length to less than 40 characters in the future. Hope this helps   

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: