cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity: Voice Mail Stops After 30 Seconds

hiersd
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where the correct contents of the document titled "Cisco Unity: Voice Mail Stops After 30 Seconds" is?

The document with that title at this location:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094a51.shtml

Addresses many other unity issues, but never mentions the 30 second cutoff.

If I recall, the 30 second timeout is due to an mgcp keepalive issue, and there used to be a nice doc that addressed this point.

Thanks,

David

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like the HTML reference got crossed up there somehow... if you click on the PDF link on the right of the page, though, it does download the correct document:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/vmdisco30sec.pdf

Hi Jeff,

The contents of that pdf seems to deal with delay sources in using unity, not with voicemail that simply stops after 30 seconds.

If I recall, the document with this pdf's title used to address an mgcp gateway keepalive issue. Unity does not send packets to the mgcp gateway, which drops the call after 30 seconds or so.

I found what I was looking for in the tac case collection (K88174040). Case K88174040 has a pointer to the html version of the pdf that you sent, and neither version contains the command referenced in K88174040 (no mgcp timer receive-rtcp).

Thanks...

It can also be a licensing issue.

If you don't have "Full Message Length Recording" licensing enabled, then Unity will only record 30 seconds of a message before cutting off. With the license its 90 seconds. I'm not sure if by cutting off you mean Unity just stops recording and says goodbye, or if there is an actual system issue which is causing the call to drop completely.

Just a different view...

Thanks,

JG

Systems Engineer

i-Tech Support, Inc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: