Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity

Hi,

I have a customer that has the Cisco Small Business edition server. It is a 7828-I4 server running both CUCM and CUC version 8.6. They had a power issue and the server did a hard shut down. A co-worker ran a recovery disk of an older version and got CUCM back up. CUC would not come back up. I came and ran the right version recovery disk. Did a reboot after it was done and CUC still doesn't come up. I can login to CUCM just fine. When I do a utils system list it shows all the service are not started. Is there any way to start those services?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Plenty of times power failures will cause the system to stop working all together, and even if you manage to get it back to work with the recovery disk, it's strongly recommended to perform a DRS restore to have a system that doesn't have any problems.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the recovery disk failed to fix the issues, chances are you will need to restore your server to get it back to a fully functional system.

What happens if you try to start the services via CLI?

HTH

java

I tried restarting Connection DB, but it didn't recognize the command. I tried a couple other services. They just kept telling me that is wasn't valid service.

Plenty of times power failures will cause the system to stop working all together, and even if you manage to get it back to work with the recovery disk, it's strongly recommended to perform a DRS restore to have a system that doesn't have any problems.

HTH

java

Jaime,

You were right. I just had to end up rebuilding the server and doing a restore on it. Once I did that I was able to get into CUC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: