Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UP Presence Engine [STARTING] / Does Not Start

Hi everyone,

I am installing a new Presence cluster and have it tied to a CUCM server.

CUPS 8.6.5 / CUCM 8.6

For some reason, the Cisco UP Presence Engine on the publisher server will not stay up. It says STARTING... then goes to STARTED.... then it goes off again and says STARTING.... sooner than later it just stops attempting to start and goes to not started status.

The service is always up and running on the subscriber node.

Any idea what I should be looking for?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Another observation -

As soon as the service up timer hits 2 minutes and 2 seconds the service goes to NOT RUNNING.

Did you finally resolve the issue?

Maic Naatz
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same behavior/issue. At the end, the service does not start. CUCM version is 8.6.2.23900-10 and CUPS 8.6.5.12900-1. First time this occurs after i upgrading the CUCM from 8.6.2.20000-2 to 8.6.2.23900-10.

Message from CUPS System Dashboard: The CUCM has changed. Try to restart presence engine. It also says: AXL failure with date from upgrade. On the other hand, System CUCM Publisher configuration says:

Reachable
Connected
Successful

I know! . And a tried this multiple times . But no success with restarting the hole machine.

From Dashboard i have to restart the following service:

Cisco UP SIP-Proxy

Cisco UP Sync Agent

Cisco UP Presence Engine

But i cannot find them. The offered links forwading me to empty sites or a service page where the service not there .

I need some tipps to become the CUPS function.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: