Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UP XCP Router Service not starting. Help Please

Geo Gon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

First of all, this is for my lab only as I'm going down the CCNP Voice path. I do not have a Cisco service contract.

I'm running CUPS 8.0.0.39051-20 integrated with CUCM 7x.

I'm trying to connect CUPC to CUPS but the connection is failing.

After reading some forums, I noticed that my Cisco UP XCP Router service has to be running and its currently not.

When I try to start the service, it does not work.

I have tried to reboot the server, start the services on the CLI but nothing works.

Any ideas?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Geo

2 Replies 2

Geo Gon
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Hi Geo

Cisco UP XCP Router :

"The XCP Router is the core communication functionality on the Cisco Unified Presence server. It provides XMPP-based routing functionality on Cisco Unified Presence; it routes XMPP data to the other active XCP services on Cisco Unified Presence, and it accesses SDNS to allow the system to route XMPP data to Cisco Unified Presence users. The XCP router manages XMPP sessions for users, and routes XMPP messages to and from these sessions." 

After Cisco Unified Presence installation, the system turns on Cisco UP XCP Router by default.

If you restart the Cisco UP XCP Router, Cisco Unified Presence automatically restarts all active XCP services. Note that you must select the Restart option to restart the Cisco UP XCP Router; this is not the same as turning off and turning on the Cisco UP XCP Router. If you turn off the Cisco UP XCP Router, rather than restart this service, Cisco Unified Presence stops all other XCP services. Subsequently when you turn on the XCP router, Cisco Unified Presence does not automatically turn on the other XCP services; you need to manually turn on the other XCP services.

make sure that the other XCP services is running and try to start Cisco UP XCP Router again.

Thanks

Novri.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: