cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Voice gateway call re-routing based on FXO busy lines

Daniel Isham
Level 4
Level 4

I am deploying a new BE6K for a client and am also deploying 5 2901 voice gateways. All sites are fiber back to the centralized site that house the VMs. Each site only has 2 - 4 POTS lines and no PRI. Here is my question:

Am I able to re-route calls if all POTS lines are busy for that building to a different voice gateway? Lets say someone internally wants to dial out and all of the lines are busy, could the call be re-routed to another gateway and out the PSTN at that building?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Daniel.

Sure, and to achieve this add a new gateway to your CUCM, configure a Route Group adding all configured Voice Gateway and select you preferred gateway selection (top/down, Circular and so on). Add a Rout List and add the previously configured route group to it.

Modify all Route pattern selecting route list instead of voice gateway.

You are done

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Daniel.

Sure, and to achieve this add a new gateway to your CUCM, configure a Route Group adding all configured Voice Gateway and select you preferred gateway selection (top/down, Circular and so on). Add a Rout List and add the previously configured route group to it.

Modify all Route pattern selecting route list instead of voice gateway.

You are done

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Excellent, that it was I thought but just wanted to make sure. Thank you very much!

Can this be done with a route pattern say if we prefix a pattern with 001023 but the telco rejects the call, we want to re-route the call with a prefix of 0 and then traverse the same outbound circuit.  Is this possible?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: