Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO voice upgrade ELM to PLM

balaji.babu1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

We are going to upgrade cumc/unity uccx from 9.X to 10.X, customer is having separate VM for ELM in 9.0,so when we upgarde

should i need to bulid simultanesous VM for PLM or i can gardener ELM to PLM,What is the process ? is there any reference DOC?

Regards

balaji 

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply upgrade your ELM to PLM, you should have an upgrade option under Administration, it's a very simple wizard that looks very much alike to the one on CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime, am planning to upgrade the voice components cucm uccx UC and then planned to migrate the licences..so post upgrade all the components will be having 60 days licence and then if I upgrade the elm to plm  server do we have any production impact ? Or still it support the 60 days licence 

Hi Balaji,

Yes, it would work for 60 days grace period. You need to upgrade to PLM and upload permanent lic files to be "IN COMPLIANCE"

In case , if u want ELM to manage CUCM/UCXN10, then, u need to apply license definition updates.

You can refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_5_1/releasenotes/CUCM_BK_P64D2D8C_00_plm-rn-1051/CUCM_BK_P64D2D8C_00_plm-rn-1051_chapter_00.html

For UCCX, would get 30 days grace period

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/install/guide/UCCX_BK_C2956BDB_00_uccx-install-upgrade-guide-106/UCCX_BK_C2956BDB_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_appendix_0111.html#UCCX_RF_U7E5EC21_00

regds,

aman

Hello aman ,

i have upgarde elm 9.1.1 to 10.5.2 today by keeping cucm still in 9.1.2 version, but st the cucm licensing in the compliance state and during the upgrade also i don see any changes in phone of cucm ,as per cisco tac if we upgrade standalone elm server to plm  server it wont affect the existing cucm anc cuc production.

now my doubt is then what is need of licening server in the environment only for upload and upgrade licensing , or is there any  temporary time in unlicensing ? so in production if i switch off the licensing ELM or PLM server it wont cause any outage ?

i have big doubt on licensing server now ?

i have pasted the current status no w:

This license definitions file includes support for licenses in the following products and versions. Items shown in bold blue are new in this release of the license definitions.

Product Version License Types
Hosted Unified CM 9.x Standard, Foundation, Basic, Essential, TelePresence Room
Hosted Enterprise Unified CM 9.x Standard, Foundation, Basic, Essential, TelePresence Room
Hosted Unity Connection 9.x Standard Messaging, Enhanced Messaging, Basic Messaging
Hosted Enterprise Unity Connection 9.x Standard Messaging, Enhanced Messaging, Basic Messaging
Unified CM 9.x, 10.x CUWL Professional, CUWL Standard, UCL Enhanced Plus, UCL Enhanced, UCL Basic, UCL Essential, TelePresence Room
Unity Connection 9.x, 10.x CUWL Professional Messaging, CUWL Standard Messaging, Enhanced Messaging, Basic Messaging, SpeechConnect Port, Speechview, Speechview Pro
Emergency Responder 10.x User

Hi Balaji,

if ELM or PLM service is down, u would be able to add phones but the syncronisation would fail.

License usage in PLM would show only "Installed"  and "Available " with Required" as 0  for the phones installed earlier. Lastly, it would also show "IN COmpliance"

Test connection for Product Instance created would Fail and show "Service not responding"

regds,

aman

When running standalone ELM 9.0x it is not so simple.

I am hours into it, still trying to get the right sequence to get to 9.1.x ELM so I can apply another cop.sgn file and then upgrade to 10.5x PLM. I am on my second TAC engineer and have spent about 20 hours in DocWiki and readme files, but still don't have the complete set of steps accurate and functional. It appears I need an ISO to upgrade to 9.1.x but can't locate it and TAC has not provided thus far.

Hi Mark,

what is the exact version of 9.x.X and and 10.X.X,if are going from 9.1.2 to 10.5.2 ,elm_Elm_v9_1_1_PlmUpgrade.cop.sgn cop is not required .ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn is enough for upgradation .set the VM MAC to manual.static before the upgrade as it is recommended by cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_5_1/releasenotes/CUCM_BK_P7EB4EA9_00_plm-rn-1052/CUCM_BK_P7EB4EA9_00_plm-rn-1052_chapter_01.html

regards

bala

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: