Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebEx Meetings Update - Certificate requests

TheScripter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together,

after downloading the latest version of Cisco WebEx Meetings, I tried to join a meeting room there. After pressing "joining a room" and setting the meeting number, the message "Connecting to Meeting" and a loading bar appear. Unfortunately the bar doesn't do anything a long time (approximately 5 minutes). Afterwards, a new message appears and that's my problem now:

"Unsafe connection

We can't verify this website, because the certificate is not trustful. Would you like to continue?"

Common Name: *.webex.com

Published to: Organisatin: Cisco Systems, Inc.

Published by:

Organisation: VeriSign, Inc.

I've got 2 possibilities: Not connecting or connecting.

After confirming this certificate, another window, containing a certification request, appears. This time, the common name is "*.webex.com.cn" and it is "published by Comodo CA Limited".

After confirming that, it takes 2 minutes again getting connected to the certain meeting room. But after rebooting my device, the process of confirming these two certificate requests appear again and it takes the same time, connecting to the meeting room.

After uninstalling this application, it will be resetted to a default version. With this version, I don't have any problems with certificates or times of waiting so I'm afraid, this certificate problem is caused by the latest version. Could anybody confirm or at least submit similiar issues and maybe an answer to the question:

Why does my device (Cisco DX80 with Android 4.1.1) have to confirm such common certificates with the latest version of Cisco WebEx Meetings?   

(As a remark: all these messages were on german so I tried to do my best translating them for giving you a better idea what the point really is).

Best regards

m.duecker

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: