Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

CiscoPCA and JAVA 7(21)

jhitt-limited
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am having problems with the mediamaster in Cisco PCA (version 8.5(1)). When I go into greetings and select a greeting, I see the mediamaster box.  When I try to select Options->Playback & Recording, nothing happens.  I am running the latest Java version 7 update 21.  When I downgrade my Java to version 6, I am able to get the box that is supposed to appear when selecting Options->Playback and Recording.  But with Java version 6 I have problems opening a file and saving it as my recordings whereas Java 7 doesn't give me that problem.  Anyone else have these problems?  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something simple before I open a ticket.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Steve Burdick
Beginner
Beginner

I can replicate the problem. I'm using IE8 32-bit and Java 7 update 25, but I've had the same issue with several recent versions of Java 7.

If you open the Java console and press the "Playback & Recording" button, you can see the Exception that's happening behind the scenes. I imagine the workaround would be fore Cisco to update the applet for Java 7, which would require a server patch of course...

Java console output:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.unity.mediamaster.ui.dialogs.PlaybackDeviceOptionsPanel.init(PlaybackDeviceOptionsPanel.java:94)

at com.cisco.unity.mediamaster.ui.dialogs.PlaybackDeviceOptionsPanel.(PlaybackDeviceOptionsPanel.java:87)

at com.cisco.unity.mediamaster.ui.dialogs.PlaybackAndRecordSettingsInputDialog.initPDPanel(PlaybackAndRecordSettingsInputDialog.java:365)

at com.cisco.unity.mediamaster.ui.dialogs.PlaybackAndRecordSettingsInputDialog.initDialogPanels(PlaybackAndRecordSettingsInputDialog.java:328)

at com.cisco.unity.mediamaster.ui.dialogs.PlaybackAndRecordSettingsInputDialog.init(PlaybackAndRecordSettingsInputDialog.java:240)

at com.cisco.unity.mediamaster.ui.dialogs.PlaybackAndRecordSettingsInputDialog.(PlaybackAndRecordSettingsInputDialog.java:182)

at com.cisco.unity.mediamaster.ui.action.PlaybackAndRecordingSettingsUIAction.actionPerformed(PlaybackAndRecordingSettingsUIAction.java:60)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

rahartmz6
Beginner
Beginner

Just an FYI - I have the same problem with IE 9 and Firefox 23

Has anyone been able to solve this issue?  We are running into the same problem and it seems downgrading Java is not a viable option because it causes other issues.  Does this require a Unity upgrade?

Not I. And hypocritically, Cisco has blamed Java for the persistence of web attacks using outdated JRE6 (

http://www.cso.com.au/article/536468/persistence_outdated_jre_6_helps_java_dominate_web_attacks_cisco/.

I'm thinking to uninstall Java from workstations and have a dedicated VM for Unity recording, running in a very firewalled environment. Unity recording is in fact the only reason that I have Java installed on them in the first place.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: