cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoPCA Inbox save messages

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi we have a unity connection 8.x customer that want to use Cisco pca and the Inbox feature to play messages on a GUI but not have the option to save the message locally . See  attached , they don't want to be able to download the raw file (appreciate that this is browser function i.e the save as)    

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeff,

Here we go

Disabling the "Save Recording As" Option in the Cisco Unity  Connection 8.0 Messaging Inbox for All Voice Messages

Revised  November 16, 2010

By default, except for messages that are marked private,  secure, or private and secure, users can save their messages as WAV files to  their hard disks by using the Save Recording As option, available on the Media  Master Options menu in the Cisco Unity Connection 8.0 Messaging Inbox. You can  prevent users from saving any voice message—regardless of its sensitivity—by  disabling the Save Recording As option on the Options menu of the Media Master  in the Messaging Inbox.

Note the following as you consider this security option:

When you prevent  users from by saving messages to their hard disks, they may choose to retain  them in their Inboxes and Deleted Items folders longer as a way of archiving  them.

Disabling the  Save Recording As option affects all users who are associated with the  Connection server; you cannot disable it only for individual users.

Users can  continue to use the Media Master to save greetings or recorded names as WAV  files.

To Disable the Save Recording As Option in the Media  Master in the Cisco Unity Connection 8.0 Messaging Inbox

Step 1 In Cisco Unity  Connection Administration, expand System Settings >  Advanced, then select PCA.

Step 2 On the PCA  Configuration page, check the Unity Inbox: Disable Save Recording  As Option in Media Master check box.

Step 3 Select Save.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/security/guide/8xcucsec070.html#wp1069006

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Hey super Rob , saved us again...thanks

Jeff

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Jeff,

You are most welcome

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: