Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisoc Unified Personal Communicator configuration issue

sagar.sarker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed and configured Cisco Unified Presence and hope it's been configured properly. Need your help to find out if there is any problem with the installation. There are some issues we are facing with CUPC as below-

1. I can't see any users in the CUPC and serach options doesn't reveal any users from AD, though the presence is synched with the AD. (Please see attached the screenshots)

2. It is not getting Phone Configuration (TFTP) from the CUCM, though it's been configured in the system. ( Please see attached screenshots)

3. During login, we cant use srv name as login server. I have to use the IP address of the server. But in the server health status its showing (Please see the screenshots)

Any help from you is really appreciated.

Regards,

Sagar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you created a user "test3.bd", the device name should be UPCTEST3BD.  Anything other than that won't work.

CTI application user on CUCM is only used for OCS integration.

If you are not familiar with CUPS, you may take a look at this book http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/deploying-cisco-unified-presence/10303022.  It breaks down each feature and tells you the steps to configure each feature.

Michael

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

1. I can't see any  users in the CUPC

This is expected.  You won't see any user in the CUPC until you add them to your contact list.

serach options doesn't reveal any users from AD,  though the presence is synched with the AD.

Most likely your search base was not configured proplery.  You should configure the correct search base via CUPS > Application > CUPC > LDAP Profile.

2.  It is not getting Phone Configuration (TFTP) from the CUCM, though it's  been configured in the system.

TFTP will only be triggered when you are in soft phone mode.  Per the screenshot, you're in Desk Phone mode.  Thus no TFTP will be triggered.

3.  During login, we cant use srv name as login server.

You cannot user SRV name to logon.  Because CUPC logon uses SOAP instead of SIP.  SOAP does not support SRV.  However, you may use A record to logon.  Make sure A record is resolved to the correct IP address.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your tremendous response. I really appreciate this.I will go through the recommendations you made and check if this solves my issues.

However, I configured the softphone as per document in the CUCM. Still I was not able to see any differences.

I request any suggestion in this regard.

Best regards,

Sagar

1) Make sure the soft phone's device name follow the naming convention UPC and USERID all in capital case.

2) On CUPC upper right hand corner, you may switch to soft phone mode.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your support. But still I am not able to manage it. Does it require any additional licese or such things?

Say, I created a user test3.bd and named the softphone UPCTEST. Configured the softphone accordingly and given the DN as same as phone.Still the soft phone is not active through server health status.What could be the possible reason for that. Can application user related issues be there.

I have another issue with CTI gateway. As per procedure, I have configured a CTI application user in CUCM. Where this user works in CUPS. It should be used for cti gateway configuration in CUPS. But in my case cti gateway server and profile created automatically and so far I can remember, I haven't used any CTI application user in CUPS. The screenshot is attached herewith. Please help me on this.

Regards,

Sagar

If you created a user "test3.bd", the device name should be UPCTEST3BD.  Anything other than that won't work.

CTI application user on CUCM is only used for OCS integration.

If you are not familiar with CUPS, you may take a look at this book http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/deploying-cisco-unified-presence/10303022.  It breaks down each feature and tells you the steps to configure each feature.

Michael