Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Class of Restrictions (COR) configuration error

Hi guys,

I have configured COR on my C2911 for my CME 8.6 but it didnt work. Based on my configuration below, Phone1 should be able to call only international call but the Phone1 still manage the International call. I dont know what I have missed, but I am following the configuration from Cisco website. It would be much appreciated if any of you guys can help me on this as I am new in Cisco Voice implementation.

!

dial-peer cor custom

name International

!

dial-peer cor list InternationalCall

member International

!

!

dial-peer voice 900 pots

port 0/0/0:15

description ***Dial-peer_for_InternationalCall***

destination-pattern 900T

corlist outgoing InternationalCall

progress_ind alert enable 8

prefix 00

!

ephone-dn  1  dual-line

number 3001

corlist incoming InternationalCall

!

Regards,

Zul

8 Replies 8

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you saying that ephone-dn 1 can call the international number or that it cannot?  It seems that from your configuration, ephone-dn 1 should be able to reach the international number range.

Hi Markus,

Yes, supposedly ephone-dn 1 can call the international number but it did not work. I have tried the same configuration on different dial peer and still the configuration didnt work. From my configuration, it seems like everything is fine in order for me to allow only ephone-dn 1 can make call to the international number. Do you have any idea why it's not working? Anyway, thanks for replied.

Regards,

Zul

Does the call work if you remove COR?  Keep in mind that if no COR is applied to a particular ephone-dn and/or dial-peer, the call is supposed to succeed. 

Hi Markus,

I just removed the COR on ephone-dn 1, yes it still manage to call international number. There were no changes after I put the COR or remove the COR at ephone-dn 1, international call still can be made. Seriously, I have no idea how to solve it. Tried the same thing at others dial peer and ephone-dn, yet the result still the same.

I think there's a misunderstanding.  If you do NOT have COR configured on any one or both ephone-dn or dial-peer, then you CAN place the call.  If you configure another COR list:

dial-peer cor custom

name Local

name International

!

dial-peer cor list OnlyLocalCall

member Local

!

dial-peer cor list InternationalCall

member International

!

!

dial-peer voice 900 pots

port 0/0/0:15

destination-pattern 900T

corlist outgoing InternationalCall

prefix 00

!

ephone-dn  1  dual-line

number 3001

corlist incoming OnlyLocalCall

!

Now ephone-dn 1 should not be able to call the international number, but ephone-dn's without any corlist or InternationalCall corlist should be able to call the international number.

Okay, here is my situation; I have 10 extension numbers, range  between 3001-3010. I wanted to allow only ephone-dn 1 and ephone-dn 2  that can call international number and the rest of the ephone-dn cannot  call the international number. But if I have multiple of dial-peers, do I  need to configure COR for each dial-peer and apply COR at each  ehpone-dn except ephone-dn 1 and 2? correct me If I am wrong again. Below are my latest configuration:

dial-peer cor custom

name Local

name Mobile

name 999

!

dial-peer cor list LocalCallOnly

member Local

member Mobile

member 999

!

dial-peer cor callLocal

member Local

!

dial-peer cor callMobile

member Mobile

!

dial-peer cor list call999

member 999

!

dial-peer voice 999 pots

corlist outgoing call999

description ***Emergency Calls***

destination-pattern 999.

port 0/3/0:15

forward-digits 3

!

dial-peer voice 901 pots

corlist outgoing callLocal

description ***Dial-peer_for_LocalCall***

destination-pattern 9[2-9].......

forward-digits 8

!

dial-peer voice 902 pots

corlist outgoing callMobile

description ***Dial-peer_for_MobileCall***

destination-pattern 901........

forward-digits 10

!

ephone-dn  1  dual-line

number 3001

!

ephone-dn  2  dual-line

number 3002

!

ephone-dn  3  dual-line

number 3003

corlist incoming LocalCallOnly

!

ephone-dn  4  dual-line

number 3004

corlist incoming LocalCallOnly

!

From above configuration,  ephone-dn 1 and 2 can call any numbers including international number  while ephone-dn 3 and 4 can call to all numbers except international  number. Does this configuration correct? Hopefully it does. Thanks Markus.

Regards,

Zul

forgot to add international dial-peer:

!

dial-peer voice 900 pots

translation-profile outgoing out

destination-pattern 900T

prefix 00

!

For this dial-peer, it has no corlist configured, am I right? and ephone-dn that has no COR configured is able to call international number. I am confused here, what about others call? Does this ephone-dn with no COR configured is able to make call to any number? or only can call the international number?

Thanks.

Take a look at this tech tip:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

There's a nice table near the bottom that illustrates what happens with/without corlist configurations.  In essence, if there is no COR configured, it can call anything/be called by anything.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: