cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click to call and Microsoft Word

jmillergw
Level 1
Level 1

After installing Click to call 8.0, everytime Word 2007 is closed the prompt comes up asking to save Normal.dotm. This can be turned off in Word Options but management would it to be turned on in case there is a change. Once Click to Call is removed, the users are no longer prompted to save. The systems are running Office 2007 and are on Vista and Windows 7.

Has anyone else come across this and does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

tpejnovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Verify following settings In  Word options->Active Application Add-ins -> CiscoClickToCall.Connect and clicktocall.dot active

In registry : CiscoClickToCall.Connect LoadBehavior set to 3

If all of above characteristics are met Word Normal template could be corrupted, to recover try:

remove Normal.dotm in the C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates folder

Restart Word, Normal.dot/Normal.dotm should be recreated automatically.

Thanks,

Tijana

Thank you for the suggestions. The Word options and Registry settings were correct. I tried creating a new normal.dotm and am still having the same issue.

Hello Jamie, I have the same issue in my company as you discribe in your post, the only difference is that we are using the Cisco CuciLync plugin. I opened today a post at this Cisco support forum. Please see my post: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2136621?tstart=0 Question: Did you solve the issue, if yes, how? Or is it still an open issue for you? Best regards, Marc Hoffmann

nicholas.cheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, did any of you solve this issue? I'm having exactly the same problem for any custom template in Word. We'd rather not disable the Communicator add-in to Office...