cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click to Call making Outlook crash

aherrera
Level 1
Level 1

Recently upgraded to MS Office 2010 - originally loaded the 64-bit version, but not wanting to live without Click to Call, I uninstalled, and loaded the 32-bit version. Sadly, now my work is often interrupted by Outlook blowing up; after restarting I get the following message:

Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'cisco.clicktocall.outlook' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in? [Yes | No]"

I am already running the latest version, 8-0-2540, though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Albert

PS: OS is Windows 7 64-bit

12 Replies 12

aherrera
Level 1
Level 1

No one else has experienced this? Or just not aware of a potential fix?

had this problem on outlook 2007 upgraded to c2c v8.1.2674.0 and put dialing rules in so no crashes so far.

John, which dialing rules did you apply?

also make sure that outlook ie contacts is using the correct phone number set up

worked for us hope it helps....

Thanks, John,

I set up the Dialing Rules correct for our company, and this works fine.

Maybe my crash today was a one timer.

RichardReeves
Level 1
Level 1

what UC product are you using?

Cisco Unified Call Manager, System version: 7.1.5.33900

Thanks.

I have the Same Issue with Cisco Click to Call v8.0.2540.0 in conjunction with CUCM 8.6.2.21900-5

We're using Windows 7 Professional x64 and Office 2010 32-bit. Error message is the same as aherrera posted.

It seems that Outlook crashes when brought to high CPU-load (or waiting for connection to Exchange), but this usually happens on a random base, more often by Outlook 'Power-users' which are receiving a lot of e-Mails.

At the moment I have three installations with a high amout of Outlook crashes (at leayst once per day), and one (my own installation), which crashes occasionally (maybe once a week).

I'm not sure this has something to do with CUCM. It looks more like an Outlook - Click to Call issue to me.

Thanks and kind regards,

Klaus

There is a recently released Click-to-Call version (8.1) that includes a 64 bit version. I'm only using the 32 bit but have had good luck so far.

Hello Brad,

Thanks for that Information. I will go and check this new Version.

Kind regards,

Klaus

A short update: Nearly two weeks without any issues Outlook just crashed again with c2c v8.1.2674.0. I just changed a folder in my inbox, and Outlook crashed. As a matter of fact, this doesn't seem like a c2c issue. It looks like Outlook's using c2c as a scapegoat, since I can't see any pattern in this behaviour.

I am also haing the same issue for a long time now. I have seen this on wndows XP and windows 7 both. No fix so far for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: