cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMBE 5000 8.6(1a) upgrade missing DRS component registrations?

Chad Elder
Level 1
Level 1

I first attempted to upgrade my Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition version 8.0.3.20000-2 installation to Business Edition 5000 version 8.6.1.20000-1.  This refresh upgrade failed and I performed a 8.0.3.20000-2 clean installation and restored from DRS backup.  I then was able to successfully upgrade to 8.6.1.20000-1.  However, when verifying DRS in the new version I noticed that the naming convention prefix of CCM had changed to UCM, and several previous DRS components were not available.

The following components are currently registered with my 8.6.1.20000-1 Disaster Recovery System:

UCM CDPAGT

UCM SYSLOGAGT

UCM TCT

UCM PLATFORM

UCM CLM

UCM CCMPREFS

UCM CCMDB

CDR_CAR CAR

CUC PLATFORM

CUC CLM

CONNECTION_DATABASE DATABASE

CONNECTION_GREETINGS_VOICENAMES GREETVN

CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB1 MESSAGES

The previous 8.0.3.20000-2 DRS components that are no longer available or registered under 8.6.1.20000-1 are as follows:

CCM ANN

CCM BAT

CCM CEF

CCM MOH

CCM REPORTER

CCM TFTP

I assume these missing component names should start with UCM under the new version, but they are missing altogether.  How can I make these components available under version 8.6.1.20000-1 so that I am backing up my environment fully?

1 Reply 1

Chad Elder
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to force the missing DRS components to register by logging into Cisco Unified Serviceability, choosing Service Activation, then manually deactivating and reactivating the following services:

Cisco Extended Functions (for UCM_CEF)
Cisco Tftp (for UCM_TFTP)
Cisco Bulk Provisioning Service (for UCM_BAT)
Cisco Serviceability Reporter (for UCM_REPORTER)
Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App (for UCM_MOH I believe)

One of those service reactivations also registered the missing UCM_ANN component to DRS, but I am not sure which service it was.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: