cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME AD Integration

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a customer who currently has one CME router. Eventually they will go down the CCM path but for now they want their end users to be able to search for anyone within AD. I have been looking through the CME design guide, Netpro and I am not finding any link that goes over how to integrate CME with AD. I know that we can point to an external web server that may be able to poll AD and render the results back to CME. But I wanted to see if there is an app note on how to configure this?

Thanks

Srini

9 Replies 9

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

CME does not currenlty support LDAP integration. It can access its own embedded data, but not with LDAP.
You can import from generic CSV files (comma separated variables), so if you can export from LDAP to a generic CSV, then you
should be able to import that in.

The only way you may be able to get this to work would be with a web proxy that can translate XML-> LDAP, but this won't be supported.

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

CME supports LDAP. I did this but a lot of reading, configuring and testing.

My environment:

- CME 7.1 with correct ipphone files

-One asp file from CISCO SDK (localizeddirectory.asp)

-com server (with dll registration)  folder CISCO SDK folder

-IIS on windows 2003 (2008R2 don`t register dll because of 32 bit support)

Correct LDAP connection in asp (OU, CN, DC, search database)

Users in pointed OU with important (FirstName, LastName, DisplayName and phone number - possible to change to ipphone)

Now im trying to set up everything on windows 2008R2 due to company requirements.

If any question ask  jaroslawlewicki@wp.pl

jballari
Level 1
Level 1

Jose

No I dont see how, I already looked at that since the CME bundle I sold them has 10 free personal call connector licenses included. However it is more to tie the PC to the phone type applications, presence, IM and then of course optional features like SNR. There is nothing there to tie with an external LDAP source. This customer wants to be able to search for users within their corp directory from their CME registered phone.

Thanks

Srini

Aha, I understand. So, in that case, if you're looking to have a directory off the "Directory" button on your IP Phone, what comes to mind is configuring the URL of that button to point to a server that would parse the XML request and interface with the LDAP directory. Configuration on the CME is really simple (see first url below) and then you would need a basic XML file hosted on a web server (see second url below).

I know it's not ideal but can be a workaround (and again the config on the CME is minimal).

http://docstore.mik.ua/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cmesrnd/external.htm#wp1074400

http://uc500.com/uc520-and-active-directory

Cheers,

Jose

Thanks. Our company in the past used to have a product that used to do the same. It would so interface with AD and parse it in XML format back when CCM in the 3/4.X days wasn't the best to integrate seamlessly with AD however they don't do any active development on the product anymore. This is a good option to pursue looks like as long as the customer takes the responsbility of supporting it, since it's not TAC supported I would think

In case you're interested

IP Telephony: CME and Active Directory
http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc30ba3

Jaime Valencia
PDI Engineer
www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

jaroslawlewicki
Level 1
Level 1

CME supports LDAP. I did this but a lot of reading, configuring and testing.

My environment:

- CME 7.1 with correct ipphone files

-One asp file from CISCO SDK (localizeddirectory.asp)

-com server (with dll registration)  folder CISCO SDK folder

-IIS on windows 2003 (2008R2 don`t register dll because of 32 bit support)

Correct LDAP connection in asp (OU, CN, DC, search database)

Users in pointed OU with important (FirstName, LastName, DisplayName and phone number - possible to change to ipphone)

Now im trying to set up everything on windows 2008R2 due to company requirements.

If any question ask  jaroslawlewicki@wp.pl

Any update on if you were able to pull this off or not?