cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME / CUE and connection PLAR

j.eustace
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario where CME is connected to an FXO port. It is configured so that an incoming call goes to an extension, and on no answer goes to CUE. All this works fine.

I now want to add another device directly on the FXO line. The intension is to allow the user answer on a dect handset (not connected to CME). With connect PLAR, CME answers the incoming call immediately and routes it to the original extension. This is what should happen with that configuration.

To get the DECT phone to ring too, I changed the connection PLAR to connection PLAR OPX.  This now allows both the CMEextension and the DECT phones to ring, and if one answers, then the other stops ringing. This is all as expected but there is one curious side effect which I cannot sort out.

In the original scenario, connect PLAR sends the call to the IP phone which displays the calling party ID. When the call transfers to CUE, CUE gets that calling party ID and stores it in the message header.

In the PLAR OPX scenario (and this is the only change), if no one answers the call, it will divert to the voice mail box of the extension which was called as before, but the SIP header has no calling party ID in it, so the vmail header has unknown caller.

Anyone know why PLAR OPX would cause this change in behaviour and whether there is any workaround ?

0 Replies 0