Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Hardware & Software Upgrade options

neiljbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a CME deployment on 8.6 which needs a hardware upgrade to allow for an increase in the number of users. They also have Unity Express for VM.

I'm considering two options:

1) Upgrade hardware to a larger router and at the same time upgrade to the latest CME version.

2) Migrate to BE6K

What I'm not sure about is if I can use any migration SKU's to migrate the licences over to the new platform, whichever one we choose.

Note: the customer does not have any current software support contract.

Any help appreciated.

N

3 Replies 3

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Neil

While you can definitely keep with CME, most of the development in terms of UC features are with BE6K. Stuff like Jabber and rich video integration. Hence BE6K is the preferred path

From a licensing perspective, you can move the CME licensing to BE6K licensing. You have to decide if you want to stay at UCL or move to CUWL. Based on that select the appropriate top level.

This table shows all the appropriate SKU

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/promotions/download/cnms-guide.pdf

This link is partner centric since it has SKU

Srini

CDW

neiljbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: