cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Phone ringing but no inbound call

nbcsecurities
Level 1
Level 1

I have got a issue that has popped up over the past couple of weeks. A couple of times a day, two of my users are getting "calls" but without the actuall call. By that I mean the phones are ringing, but none of the lines are indicating a call, and there is no CID info displayed (in fact, nothing changes on the display at all) and it will ring for maybe 3 minutes then stops. I have looked at the active calls when this is happening to see if there was in fact a call but the phone just was not displaying it, and there is not a call to any of the lines on either of the phones. Hitting the pickup button does nothing either. Has any one run across this before, or have any ideas on what to check??

1 Reply 1

gpolzin
Level 1
Level 1

I suggest doing some simple stuff first.  If it's only happening to one or two users, it might be isolated to just their phones, their network ports or the switch on which they reside.  Maybe there's a piece of equipment in that area that's causing power surges that tickle the phone into ringing (that sort of thing used to happen in the old fashioned PBX world fairly regularly). 

Anyway, check the environment for sources of interference: coffee cup warmers, lamps, too many items plugged into one power strip, that sort of thing, and remove them.  Wait for the problem to recur.  If it does, unplug the patch cord from the phone and from the wall and plug both ends back in.  This will not only reboot the phone, but will also clear any stray dust from the contacts on the cables.  Wait for recurrence.  If it does, try replacing the phone set completely.  Wait for recurrence.  If it does, move the affected phone connections to a different switch.  Wait for recurrence.  You get the idea, change one thing and see what happens.

Your last option is to open a TAC case.  Good luck.

-Gail Polzin
Epicor HCM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: