Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS able to call audiobridge with DTMF?

I'm testing/piloting Cisco CMS (2.3.6) as a likely replacement for our Conductor/TelePresence infrastructure.

Our current setup with Conductor/TelePresence is we pre-configure Auto-dialed participants and join video conferences with an associated audiobridge that is called with a PSTN gateway (Codian ISDN GW) and DTMF commands are sent. This allows for a simply merging of video bridges and separate audio bridges.

Can this be done with CMS? Basically, when a conference is started, an outbound call is initiated and the DTMF tones are entered appropriately?

CMS seems to handle audio calls from efficiently so this deployment model may change but at the moment, I'd like to replicate what we have at the moment.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi , anyone have this answer?

Thanks to a Cisco contact we are working on workaround for this functionality.

We found this code: https://github.com/ciscocms/auto-dial

Our programmer was easily able to deploy it and is able to configure it to our needs with DTMF commands. it works!

It sucks to have to add another point of failure and this should be integrated into CMS but this will bide us some time until we roll out a SIP trunk with large enough capacity for everyone to get directly onto CMS.

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can this be done with CMS? Basically, when a conference is started, an outbound call is initiated and the DTMF tones are entered appropriately?

CMS can initiate outbound calls automatically via TMS. it does support DTMF tones but you have to manually input them. 

HTH

AMMAR

Please rate, click on stars below and mark answered if helpful.

My testing with TMS was that the meeting also had to be scheduled so that doesn't work for us.

Our organization has decided for all meetings to be adhoc.

We therefore leveraged the conductor to autmatically connect the audio bridge whenver someone decided to start a meeting.