cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Export for Unity

kevin.sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded my COBRAS Export for Unity to 7.o build 120 over the weekend and ran a backup on 2 different fail over pairs. In preparation to import the users to Connections 8.6.

When I use COBRAS Database Viewer to remap the alias it will bring in all the users and when I Apply the changes it get hung and just stops responding.

Has anyone else seen this? Do I need to back down a version of the export tool?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the version of export will have no impact - the Access database file remains the same across all versions for all platforms regardless and this is all that matters to the viewer tool, so that's not a productive avenue.

I'd need to see your backup and/or CSV file to speculate further - not much I can do with "it doesn't work".  I just tried some backups I have lying around here and updating the extension and alias via CSV worked ok so presumably something in a name/alias string is likely not being escaped properly (i.e. a special character burning it) or the like but it's hard to say without some more details to work with.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the version of export will have no impact - the Access database file remains the same across all versions for all platforms regardless and this is all that matters to the viewer tool, so that's not a productive avenue.

I'd need to see your backup and/or CSV file to speculate further - not much I can do with "it doesn't work".  I just tried some backups I have lying around here and updating the extension and alias via CSV worked ok so presumably something in a name/alias string is likely not being escaped properly (i.e. a special character burning it) or the like but it's hard to say without some more details to work with.

Thanks Jeff you are correct there was a problem with one of my CSV files. I also backed up all the messages for the first time and I think that is adding a lot of time to it as well.

Thank you Jeff. There was a problem with my csv file