cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS for 10.5 to 10.5 - remap planning

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a customer with a misconfigured 10.5 environment with 1000's of mailboxes and a few Call Handlers.    Its not AD integrated, alias for the mailboxes are not consistent, extensions, some are 4D, 7D and want to move to 10D.

Typically, I have used Cobras as we all do in the past for migrations of old to new.   I have not spun up two of the same environments and tried to move Call Handlers or do remapping.   My question is it worth my time to try and rebuild everything the correct way or should we dig our heals into COBRAS and prepare for a long battle of remapping?

I assume if we move over the mailboxes and remap or update the alias to their correct alias in AD, when we integrate it all, it *should* update their extension on their mailbox correct?  Or is it vice versa, match extension, update alias from AD?

Good times!

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

When cleaning up COBRAS, the extension doesnt matter, only the alias. You will have to modify the user's alias using COBRAS to match whats is in AD and run a job to check the box "Integrate with AD". Integrating it with AD doesnt modify the extension, its only done when the users are "Imported" from AD. Good luck!

Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: