cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Hot Mode, Unity Connection 9.1

ndehmer
Level 4
Level 4

I am having a weird issue with the COBRAS Import Hot Mode.  We are utilizing a Server 2008 R2 instance as an Application server to run all the Cisco Unity Tools.  We are running Unity Connection 9.1(2) SR1 on both servers and all servers are in the same data center switch stack / VLAN.  If I log into the server and launch COBRAS Import I can connect to the initial server and then select Hot Mode and successfully connect to the second server and when I hit next it successfully tests connectivity and moves to the next step.  If any other engineer logs into the server and launches COBRAS Import, they can connect to the initial server no problem.  And they can connect to the second server without an issue.  However when they click next and it runs the connectivity tests, it fails saying 

Connectivity tests failed:

IMAP connectivity to the source Connection server could not be established.  You must resolve this before migrating users as messages are moved as part of this process and is not an optional elemnt - see the help file's troubleshooting section for details. 

Cannot continue with hot mode migration until this is addressed.

Looking in the logs I see this 

[Thread 005], [15/08/05 09:38:47],     Checking for IMAP connectivity for mail extraction from source server in MakeHotModeConnectivityChecks
[Thread 005], [15/08/05 09:38:47], (error) Failed establishing IMAP connection for message backup.  Client error=Failed to connect to Connection mailstore with super user IMAP access in AttachViaImap.  IMAP Client error=ChilkatLog:
  Login:
    DllDate: Mar  9 2015
    ChilkatVersion: 9.5.0.48
    UnlockPrefix: LNDBRGIMAPMAILQ
    Username: CL8ADMIN01:ahowie
    Architecture: Little Endian; 32-bit
    Language: .NET 4.0
    VerboseLogging: 0
    login: COBRAS_Import
    authenticateLogin:
      loginImap:
        ConnectionType: Unencrypted TCP/IP
      --loginImap
      isOK:
        serverResponse: aaab NO Logon failure: unknown user or incorrect password
      --isOK
    --authenticateLogin
    Failed.
  --Login
--ChilkatLog

[Thread 006], [15/08/05 09:39:35],     Checking for IMAP connectivity for mail extraction from source server in MakeHotModeConnectivityChecks
[Thread 006], [15/08/05 09:39:35], (error) Failed establishing IMAP connection for message backup.  Client error=Failed to connect to Connection mailstore with super user IMAP access in AttachViaImap.  IMAP Client error=ChilkatLog:
  Login:
    DllDate: Mar  9 2015
    ChilkatVersion: 9.5.0.48
    UnlockPrefix: LNDBRGIMAPMAILQ
    Username: CL8ADMIN01:ahowie
    Architecture: Little Endian; 32-bit
    Language: .NET 4.0
    VerboseLogging: 0
    login: COBRAS_Import
    authenticateLogin:
      loginImap:
        ConnectionType: Unencrypted TCP/IP
      --loginImap
      isOK:
        serverResponse: aaab NO Logon failure: unknown user or incorrect password
      --isOK
    --authenticateLogin
    Failed.
  --Login

VS this for my successful login

//////////////////////////////////////
COBRAS Import for Connection =8.0.0.68
Connection version=9.1(1.0) ES 59
Logged into Connection as: COBRAS_Import
Search for '(error)' or '(warning)' to look for problems
//////////////////////////////////////
ATTACHED TO CONNECTION SERVER, STARTING WIZARD
[Thread 005], [15/08/05 09:41:45],     Checking for IMAP connectivity for mail extraction from source server in MakeHotModeConnectivityChecks
[Thread 005], [15/08/05 09:41:46],         IMAP connection established to target.
[Thread 005], [15/08/05 09:41:46],     Checking for voice message connectivity for mail restore to target server in MakeHotModeConnectivityChecks
[Thread 005], [15/08/05 09:41:46],     SMTP connection test passed - proceeding with import
[Thread 005], [15/08/05 09:41:46],     Checking for stream file connectivity for WAV file restores to target in MakeHotModeConnectivityChecks
[Thread 005], [15/08/05 09:41:48],     Checking for stream file connectivity for WAV file restores to source in MakeHotModeConnectivityChecks
[Thread 001], [15/08/05 09:41:48], Entering FormChooseSubscribers

--ChilkatLog

I did a packet capture for both (i can upload if you want to take a look), and I am seeing no attempt to create an IMAP TLS connection between app server and the Unity servers on the failed connection vs successful IMAP TLS connections between the app server and both Unity servers

We are both in the local administrators group on the app server.  I had another engineer run the install for the IBM Informix Drivers and the install for COBRAS import thinking it was some sort of permissioning issue, and still get the same message.  I don't want to be on the hook to do the Unity migration every night for the next month if I don't have to. 

Any thoughts?

4 Replies 4

Sami Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a long shot, but did you get solution to this?

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am running into similar situation where I am trying to use Import tool between 2 CUCs(ver 10.5) and getting the same error. Were you able to get a fix for this? Any suggestions what's going wrong with IMAP?

Reached out to TAC, and engineer provided a hotfix for COBRAS after installing it the errors did not appear again.

Thanks Sam for sharing this. Is it possible for you to share that Hotfix or do I need to open a TAC Case? Let me know please. Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: