cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Import for Connections 7.x Error

dnelson
Level 1
Level 1

Been trying to import a Unity 7 cobras backup into Connections 9.1 using Cobra import.  Everything seems to import except on Stage 45 of 45 step 17 of 17 streams import is keep getting the following errors for every object.  I've attached the entire log as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

[Thread 005], [14/04/11 12:51:44],     Restoring media stream:Stream type=Greeting, Greeting=Internal, Language=1033 Owner description=Call Handler:PHX-HQ OPERATOR, Owner ObjectID=18a6d9ec-4da7-402a-8a18-14d42fcf432d
[Thread 005], [14/04/11 12:52:04], (error) Could not get lock to db access in StartNewCommand
[Thread 005], [14/04/11 12:52:04], (error) invalid Connection file name passed to UploadWAVFile:
[Thread 005], [14/04/11 12:52:04], (error) uploading WAV file to Connection in UnpackAndUploadStreamFile on RecordedStreamsTarget.cs:
[Thread 005], [14/04/11 12:52:04], (error) restoring stream file to WAV file in RestoreGreetingStream on RecordedStreamsTarget.cs:Stream details:
    Stream type=Greeting
    GreetingType=Internal
    Language=1033
    Owner type=CallHandler
    Owner description=Call Handler:PHX-HQ OPERATOR
    OwnerObjectId=18a6d9ec-4da7-402a-8a18-14d42fcf432d
    AccessSQL=SELECT Greeting as StreamFile FROM MessagingRules WHERE Alias='Internal' AND ParentObjectID={63282576-B801-4B87-A745-4C20BF03AFF6}

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have seen few similar cases where the issue is due to latest version of Cobras being used, using a lower version of Cobras like 1.2.17 should take care of the issue ( didn't see a bug id for the same though )

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

Let us know how it goes.

Manish

Thanks for the suggestion.  I wanted to try this yesterday before posting my issue but this version isn't supported on Windows 8 and I didn't have a windows 7 machine available.

So last nite I setup a Windows 7 VM on my laptop, installed the IBM ODBC tools and Cobras 1.2.17.  I was able to restore my backup on my lab system but won't be able to install on Customer's system until monday.

Just FYI my lab system restore failed too with the 8.0.44 and 8.0.51 versions.

Seems like this is a pretty big issue. Shouldn't the 8.0.44 version have some notice about this?

I would suggest opening a TAC case to get further clarification on the issue if no one else provides any further inputs to this post.

Manish

I just wanted to comment on this thread due to the fact I had the same exact issue.  I performed a COBRAS export and import using the latest version.  While doing the import on a CUC 10.5.2su2 box, all of the subscriber greetings would fail to import.  As soon as I downgraded to the version that Manish suggested the import worked like a charm.  Thank you to all in this thread.

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

I'm facing this issue right now too, on a 10.5(2)SU2 to 10.5(2)SU2 export/import.

Are you serious that it worked like a charm?

I mean, after all, this warning is in red text on the download page:

NOTE: If you're downloading an older version for another reason you are leaving a fair chunk of data behind, please let me know why so I can address it!  (lindborg at cisco dot com). 

Hi Anthony,

Yes it  worked perfectly.  In the beginning I was using Export version 8.0.0.62 and Import 8.0.0.77.  I was migrating from a 9.1.2 CUC cluster to a 10.5.2 cluster.  The Export worked fine but when I did the Import, not one of my greetings were imported.  I would get the same errors posted in the OP. Once I used Import version 1.2 Build 17 all of my greetings were imported.  I ran both my COBRAS Export and Import from a Windows Server 2008 R2 box and had my files on a "D:\" drive.

As far as the warning goes, it looks like the newer versions of COBRAS Import/Export are able to include more system parameters and settings than the older versions.  To combat that, I simply compared both my old cluster settings to my new and made the necessary adjustments.  I only cared about getting the user associated items imported since those items are all generated by the user's themselves (greetings, PIN and etc).

Hope this helps,

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Anthony, 
Good Evening!  Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  I seem to be running into something similar when the greetings are being imported. 
Thanks,
Doug

It's been two years now, and I'm still facing this issue on a CUC 10.5(2)SU2 and using the latest COBRAS builds.  Why is this still a problem?  When will this be fixed?  Is it fixed, and I just don't have the right combo of versions?

coryalbert
Level 1
Level 1

I have had this problem on a couple of occasions before.  The problem seems to be that the import tool cannot create the WAV file in the C: drive root.  Run the COBRAS Import as Administrator to create such a problem.

Is it really the root of C:?  Or is it the root of the drive the backup is on?  For example, I used my E: for the COBRAS Export because it has more space than my C:, so I would hope COBRAS import is not trying to use C:.  And also, is it really the root level?  Not the folder the Backup is in?

EDIT: I see in the help file now, that this Run As Administrator requirement, is "kind of" addressed with the following sentence, albeit for Vista only.  I was running on Windows 2012 R2, and running as admin fixed my problem.

Requirements/Special Notes
The backup has been tested on Windows 2000 and 2003 server, Windows XP and Windows Vista. Note that with Vista you will need to run the application with the “as administrator” option so it can create local WAV files on the file system and such.