Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS User Conflict

AskQ2Forum_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

done a 5k COBRAS migration today and had about 20 users that conflicted on the import reporting a clash with similar ALIAS. I chose the option to overwrite the user which had the same Alias . Problem i had was that the save key remained greyed out - thought it would become selectable but it did'nt - any advise please for future ?

Same thing happened where user extensions clashed ?

Was it because the option i chose really didnt fix the conflict i.e. if there was an alias conflict i was resolving was there also an extension conflict?

TIA...Jag

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you have to select the user to overwrite with the button on the form - then the save becomes active.  You can't just have it plow over anyone with the same alias/extension (there can be numerous extensions that match across partitions for instance) - so you have to select the user in the selection dialog for that.

or you can choose to create a new user and give it a unique alias/extension and move ahead - either way works.

Hi Mr Lindborg, thanks for the reply.

i was using the select user key to choose to overwrite the user i had the conflict with but  key was still greyed out.

I also thought about creating the users as new but realise my mistake there as I did not select unique alias/ext values.

thanks

Jag