Views
Helpful
Replies

Comunications Manager 11.5 Asing CUWL Licence For An Existing User

Omar Montalvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team;

Please I have a CUCM 11.5 user that I need to change his actual license level from basic to Cuwl, the user has an CP7821 on his desk but I need to upgrade him to cuwl and use his actual license for a new user; I read that this is possible but I can't find the correct procedure

3 Replies 3

CUWL License will be consumed if a user use three device. To calculate  the number of device each user use, CUCM use OWNER-ID filed configured on device page.

CP-7821 use basic license, but if the same user use soft phones(android and iphone) and if same Owner-ID assigned for all these three device, CUCM will consume CUWL license.

Response Signature

If your requirement is to connect a new basic phone but you have no basic license available.

For the above case if the plm has upper tier license available(enhanced,enhanced+ Or CUWL), borrowing from upper tier plm  will cover the basic license.

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

You don't need to do anything, CUCM and PLM will sort it out.  CUCM requests the licences it actually needs.  PLM will then assign licences from those available, using higher tier licences if that's all it has. 

So in your case let's say you just had one user with a 7821 and your PLM had one Basic and one CUWL.  PLM will assign the Basic licence and leave CUWL available.   If you needed another Basic licence then PLM would have to assign the CUWL.

If you show your current licence usage, and explain your new requirements we can check how that will be worked out.  From PLM take screenshot of Licences / Usage