Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring an Informix System DSN to link to Unity Connection

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I want to use the wallet card wizard from ciscounitytools and to do so I need to use the Informix ODBC drivers to link to Unity Connection.

However I cannot find the the information required to set up a System DSN under Windows XP. Specifically I cannot find what the Database Name should be set to.

When I have done similar connections to UCCX for wallboard data etc. the database name was db_cra.

Can anyone tell me what it should be for Unity Connection?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Hope all is well my friend!

Please excuse my COMPLETE ignorance here, but when we used the Wallet Card Wizard

we didn't need any DSN info etc. Just installed the available ODBC drivers (link on page) on xp

and followed the other steps that were perfectly described here

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/WalletCardWizard/WalletCardWizard.html

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reponse. I am not too hot on databases either but my understanding is that a System DSN has to be created under Windows for each database link.

Below is an image from my PC for the System DSN that I configured when I was setting up a System DSN to link to a UCCX server.

The setup requires a database name to be entered. This is easy for UCCX - it is db_cra - but I cannot find which database name I need to use for Unity Connection.

I am happy to be proved incorrect about the requirement for a System DSN if anyone can advise me otherwise.

Cheers

James

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey james,

Maybe this info form Lindborg himself may help

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1212478#1212478

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: