Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring DNS - CUCM 11.1.5

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have a CUCM Pub and Sub running CUCM 11.1.5.  The cluster is currently in production.  I'am going to be doing Jabber and I have a IM and P server on 11.1.5 already running DNS.  I migrated a cluster to 11.1.5 so It didn't have DNS enabled to being with.  What exactly are the steps for me to enable DNS on both my Pub and Sub?  It is in production with phones registered, so I don't want anything to happen that might cause me to need to manually delete ITL files on phones.  Is this the right steps to take?

Subscriber -

1.  set network dns primary 

2.  set network dns secondary

3.  set network dns 

Subscriber reboots and phones fail back to PUB.

Wait for subscriber to come back online and for phones to register back to subscriber.

Publisher - 

1.  set network dns primary 

2.  set network dns secondary

3.  set network dns 

Publisher reboots.

Thanks

Jason

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jason,

You'll also want to remove/readd to PLM when prompted as well as make sure you have DNS entries added for your voice servers in DNS. See the following post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12413781/how-change-dnss-ip-address-publisher-call-manager-105

Brandon

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason, you will also need to set the domain name using below command. Since this process will regenerate all your certificates at the same time however you will be doing one server at a time so you should be good there

set network domain <domain name>

Also there is no such command as set network dns

Regards

Deepak

thbgodoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jason,

I am going to do same configuration in my cucm 11.5 cluster and I would like to know if you have done this and what procedure that you applied? 

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas,

Use Jason's procedure, but replace number 3 with Deepak's command. Make sure the FQDN is entered in your DNS servers prior to beginning. I have done this several times and haven't encountered any significant issues. 

Use this link for step by step

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/10_0_1/ipchange/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100_chapter_011.html#CUCM_RF_CBB34C32_00

Jason,

I did it and worked fine. Thanks for the answer.

Regards

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: