cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring Emergency Responder

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all.  I am about to be setting up emergency responder and I have no real idea on how to do this.  Ive looked at some of the documents out there, but there doesnt seem to be any good documentation out there explaining how to really install from scratch and configure it to the end. Does anyone have any good info on this install that someone may share or even their own experiences if they documented it?  Any help appreciated.

36 Replies 36

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It routes via the 911 cti RP that you built.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you.

NP, at some point please mark the question as answered and rate all useful responses.

Chris

Man, Id like to mark it as answered, but Im afraid I am not sure how to do that.  Im looking around for some way on the page, but I just dont see anything that indicates "answered".  Im sure Im just missing it.  Can you point it out?

One question I am trying to figure out.  When configuring CER for IP subnets OR LAN switches, is there one better over the other?  It appears that configuring switches will give you more info when discovery is made as opposed to IP subnets.  But is there a reason why would prefer one over the other or both at the same time?  Any help appreciated.

No, this all comes down to your setup, it is much easier to use the subnet based tracking if your enviornment can support it, most cannot.  If each subnet or multiple subnets map to an ERL then use subnet tracking, otherwise you will need to use port tracking,

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Very helpful Chris.  Thanks.  I think our facility will be able to do ip subnets, so that is good I think.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: