cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring FAX with CME 7.0

Roger B
Level 1
Level 1

I am having CME 7.0 configured on cisco 2821 router and is working fine.Now i want to add FAX facility with it. The PRI line to router has FAX facility enabled on it.Now i am having question, how to add FAX in CME 7.0.Should i use ATA box or not. Please guide on configuring FAX in CME.

Thanks

Rahul

9 Replies 9

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rahul,

You can connect the FAX machines either via ATA or directly to FXS port of CME router. Configuration steps for both methods can be found at following URLs..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1248625

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmefax.html

Hope it helps ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Hi Gajanan,

Thank you,your replies are always helpful. I will check this in my setup and will let you know.

Hi Gajanan,

The link which we you have provided in your reply shows that if you need to connect FAX in CME then prerequisite is

"Cisco Unified CME 9.0 or a later version". But currently my setup is having CME 7.0. So will it work with CME 7.0 or not?

Rahul,

That's because ATA 187 is supported from CME 9.0 onwards only. With ATA-186 ( unavailable for sale now ) it works with earlier CME versions too.

I am also verifying whether ATA 187 is indeed supported only after CME 9.0 or is supported with earlier CME versions too. Will keep you posted.

GP.

Hi Gajanan,

Have you checked, if we can use ATA 187 with CME 7.0?

Hi Gajanan,

Have you checked the compatibility of ATA 187 with CME 7.0?.

Rahul my friend, I had seen your query y'day only & trust me I am very near to get a confirmation on this. Like you, I have 3 more partners waiting for this info. Be assured that I'll update this thread as soon as I hear from the product team on this.

GP.

Ok Gajanan....thanks for your update!!!!!!!!!

Rahul,

I've a confirmation from BU that ATA 187 is supported only from CME 9.0 onwards. Sorry my friend for not bring a good news to you.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: