cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Unity to have users in different Domains

russelljohnston
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to reconfigure Unity that is currently in one domain (companyA.com) using unified messaging to add users on another domain using trusts. What we have is a company that has purchased another company and wants to extend the um services to the newly acquired domain. They have created trusts between the two domains already. What I think is required it to rerun the permissions wizard to add the permissions in the new domain. Then add the unity accounts the correct permissions on new exchange server. Any help will be great, thank you.

3 Replies 3

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If both domains are off the same root, then yes, re-run the Permissions Wizard, from the actual console of the server (not Remote Desktop), with a root Domain Administrator account that also has Full Exchange (Organisation) Administrator rights on the Exchange servers.

Kind regards,

Craig

I may be incorrect but if two seperate companies with separate domains create a

trust they would not have the same root?

Sorry, I'm not a Microsoft AD guy... I'm not sure how two domains can be joined to have the same root... but without this, there is no support for using the same Unity server in two completely separate domains.