cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection error using Cobras Export

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I'm able to connect to CUC 11.5 SU5 and export some information, but if i choose to export messages getting this error:

failed establishing imap connection for message backup. client error=failed to attach to connection server on port 7993 for imap login in attachviaimap. Client error=chilkatlog:

Looking online I see the error related to using the UR version of Unity, but I'm running the standard version.  I haven't tried the steps to get it to work for the UR version.  Are there any additional things I should be looking at?

7 Replies 7

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

So I'm able to connect and export w/o problems if I run it from the command line and connect via https.  But it still fails when using IMAP, even though it's the traditional (non UR) version.  Is there something I should be looking at?  I tried TAC but they said it was my computer, even though it works fine connecting to other systems. 

is there anything different that needs to be done in UC 11.5?  I tested a second 11.5 system and i have the same error message when trying to export VM for users via the normal process.  Starting from the command line is fine however. 

Is there anything I need to get this to work.  I'm seeing it on multiple 11.5 systems all using the restricted version.  

Is it worth upgrading a system that i'm able to connect to and export using Cobras that is currently 10.5 to 11.5 to see the difference?  I can do this in the lab w/o any issue but I'm curious why I'm having no luck at all on 11.5 systems.

So i took a system I was able to use Cobras with that was running 10.5 and upgraded it to 11.5 SU4 and of course Cobras continued to work without any issues. I guess I'll run a fresh install of 11.5 and use Cobras import and see if that works. Hopefully that fails so I can compare the 2 to see what the difference is.

So i'm working on another system running CUC 12.0.1.22900-14 with a fresh install of the latest Cobras on a 2012 server and getting this message: 

failed establishing imap connection for message backup. client error=failed to attach to connection server on port 7993 for imap login in attachvialmap

the user i'm attaching with is a member of the admin group as well has the remote access role assigned.  I've confirmed multiple times that this is the unrestricted version.  And if i try to run this from the cli w/ the /UseCUMI switch i get prompted that i need to give the use the mailboxes access delegate account role.  

rashmi814
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone has resolution to this issue? I am facing same issue. Receiving IMAP 7993 port connection error. This issue is only happening when I select voice messages.