cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert AXL Unity Connection users to LDAP users

Daniel Gray
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently configured CUCM to sync users with LDAP and I have enabled LDAP authentication. All of my users in Unity Connection have been imported via AXL through CUCM.  With this setup, the users have different passwords for the CUCM enduser page and Unity Connection web inbox.  I would like the passwords to be the same and to do so, I will have to have my Unity Connection users sync'd with LDAP.  Is there a way to convert Unity Connection users sync'd through AXL to Unity Connection users sync'd through LDAP?

Thanks,

Danny

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

seantburke
Level 1
Level 1

The way I have been able to convert them, and I will have to dig to find the Cisco document on it, is to run an export of Users with Mailbox from the Bulk Admin Tool in Connection.  Once you have that CSV, there is a column named CcmId that will be blank for AD integrated users and have a long string for users that are imported from CUCM through AXL.  Filter that list down to the users that only have a string in that column.  Then take that data to a new spreadsheet and replace that column with values of %null% .  You have to then run a bulk update with that which will unlock those users from being CUCM integrated and if the other information matches up, convert them to LDAP integrated.

View solution in original post

Here it is, seach for ccmid in this guide and that is the section you need to follow:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac105.html

P.S.  I really wish there were an easier way to do this but have not figured out one yet.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vemanyam
Level 1
Level 1

I think single sign on might help you in thus scenario...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Daniel Gray
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently noticed that it is possible to convert a manually created Unity Connection user into an LDAP user. 

Is it possible to convert a user that was imported via AXL from CUCM to a non sync'd user?  If this is possible I could do the following:

Cisco Unity Connection user sycn'd with CUCM (imported via AXL) -> Convert to non sync'd user -> Convert to LDAP sync'd user.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Danny

I am not sure you will be able to convert a user that was imported via AXL to be sync'd with LDAP.  For instance if you look at a user who is not integrated with LDAP, you will be unable to convert them from the user page.  If you go to your import user's option and search for the same user via the LDAP method, they will more than likely show and will not be able to be imported due to the axl imported versions already exisiting within UC.  The only option would be to delete the user and re-import them via LDAP, however most if not all of the settings and messages would be lost.

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

seantburke
Level 1
Level 1

The way I have been able to convert them, and I will have to dig to find the Cisco document on it, is to run an export of Users with Mailbox from the Bulk Admin Tool in Connection.  Once you have that CSV, there is a column named CcmId that will be blank for AD integrated users and have a long string for users that are imported from CUCM through AXL.  Filter that list down to the users that only have a string in that column.  Then take that data to a new spreadsheet and replace that column with values of %null% .  You have to then run a bulk update with that which will unlock those users from being CUCM integrated and if the other information matches up, convert them to LDAP integrated.

Here it is, seach for ccmid in this guide and that is the section you need to follow:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac105.html

P.S.  I really wish there were an easier way to do this but have not figured out one yet.

Thank you.  This was exactly what I was looking for.  I'm not sure if this is a version 9 thing but I also populated the ldapccmuserid field in the bat file.

Thanks,

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: