Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting CUCM user from local to LDAP synchronized

hartgravesc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am trying to convert a few local users to users that have been synchronized with LDAP. When I am on the End user configuration page, I cannot seem to find anything that would relate to synchronizing with LDAP. Also, if I try to create them from scratch, it automatically creates them as local. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you configure all your LDAP sync, if the userID from LDAP matches that of your local users, they'll become LDAP users, otherwise, they'll remain as local users.

It's expected that if you create them in CUCM they'll be local users, if they meet the above criteria, they'll become LDAP after the sync schedule kicks in.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

I am a local user, and my username in CUCM is the same as my alias in AD, yet I am not syncing. Is there an option that allows a user to be synced?

Make sure your user has lastname and phone configured, and check your LDAP filter.

HTH

java

Everything is definitely set up correctly. We were migrating from and older call manager to a new call manager, and were having some troubles with importing certain people, as the Ip phone field was getting blasted away in AD. To the people that was happening to, our consultant converted them to local users. Is there any way to simply reverse this, or do I have to resync LDAP and see if it works?

Local user will ONLY be turned into LDAP users after the LDAP sync finds them, either doing a manual sync, or waiting for the scheduled sync.

HTH

java

Jaime,

I ensured all fields are correct, and our security/server guy added my phone number into FIM, and I ran a full manual sync, and I am still an active local user.

Sometimes restarting the LDAP service does the trick, if not then you want to take a look into the LDAP traces from CUCM to find out the reason the user is not being synced from LDAP.

HTH

java

I ended up deleting my account and recreating it from scratch. After that, it synced with LDAP. Unfortunately I lost my CSF, is there any way to do this without having to delete a user account?

No way to answer that without actually knowing what was wrong with that account.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: