cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory Search from CUCM registered endpoint (DX, SX)

Hi there,

I'm coming from the Tandberg world (TMS, VCS, etc) and currently working on implementing CUCM so that we can enable support for the DX70, DX80, etc...

I have an issue with the way CUCM presents the Corporate directory to my endpoints (DX70(10.2(3.33)), DX80(10.2(3.33)) and SX10 (TC7.3.2)

Basically, our other VCS/TMS registered endpoints are getting a directory from TMS. That is simple and it works well. We have a list of all the conference rooms in the company that users can browse and call. We have a naming convention for them that includes the city, address, floor, room name, etc...

I'm trying to get my DX and SX units to be able to search the Coporate Directory provided by CUCM (via UDS I take it). The User directory is structured in Last Name, First Name, URI, etc... which doesn't make much sense for our conference rooms. If I enter the room details in one of the fields, on the endpoints, I'm unable to search for a string within the field. It's able to search from the beginning characters only. 

An endpoint that can register to both VCS and CUCM (SX10, SX20) is able to search properly from TMS

So, is there a way to activate a more "powerful" search functionality in CUCM to do what I'm looking for?
Is there a way for CUCM to present other data (directory URIs) other than the End Users that could help me?

Please take note:

- I'm not moving our conference rooms from the VCS/TMS, I'm simply looking to present them to the CUCM-registered endpoints via a SIP URI and being able to call them via the SIP Trunk.

- I'm unable to use the TMS Corporate Directories for our CUCM endpoints since we're running a slighly older version of TMS at the moment (13.1.2) and, seemingly, the DX units wouldn't be able to access it anyway.

- CUCM version: 10.5.2.11900-3 Unrestricted

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

We are Cisco preferred Solution Partner 

We have Hyper Directory application that integrate with CUCM and support All Cisco IP Phones and DX80, 70 and 650 end points 

Please check URL : 

http://www.connectps.com/cisco-xml-services-for-ip-phone-hyper-directory-with-photo.htm

you can contact us : sales@connectps.com

Regards

Mohamed