Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not connect to CCMCIP : CUCICONNECT

rmahad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have webex connect (ver 7.1.1) and Cisco Unified Integration for webex connect (CUCICONNECT ver 7.1.6) w/ CCM ver 8.6.1

From the webex connect File --> Change my Preferences --> Unified Communications I configured the CUCICONNECT pointing to my TFTP (CCM) server along w/ the required credentials. I have created CSF device in the CCM. Basically, I pretty much followed the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuciwebex/7x/english/administration/guide_new/CUCIWebEx_ConfigGuide.html

When I choose the option "Use desk phone" from the phone tab it works fine whereas when I choose "Use PC for phone calls" for the softphone mode it fails with the error "Could not connect to CCMCIP". I restarted this service in the CCM but it did not help.

Can someone please let me know what I might be missing?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

choiwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sounds like everything is setup correctly

Might be worth while looking at the Problem Report which can be created under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Cisco Systems\Client Services

Framework\prt\ProblemReportingTool.exe and taking a sniffer trace on the client side to see what the Client behavior

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks.

I checked the PRT but does not give me much clue out of it. The wireshark trace on the client shows it communicates with the CUCM and sends a TFTP reuqest for CUPC/AppDialRules.xml and CUPC/DirLookupDialRules.xml. CUCM responds back with these files (installed via COP file from CCO). However, I do not see any TFTP request from the client to CUCM for the ".cnf" file.  It still keeps complaining "Service Not Available Could not connect to CCMCIP".

Any other thoughts? kindly share it.

Hi,

The CCMCIP Profile is typically used for desk phone control to gain information about the devices associated to your end user in Call Manager.  If this cannot connect there are sometimes issues gaining desk phone control.  In most instances the issue is related to missing a registry value in the AdminData folder.  The specific registry entry is the

CcmcipServerValidation which by default is set to 1.  This requires that you download the Call Manager Tomcat certificate and place it in the certificate folder for CUCIMOC so that it is trusted.  For your initial testing I would recommend changing this registry value to 0 to accept any certificate.

Mor information can be found in the install guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/config_clients.html#wp1080418

Please restart the client and determine if the issue persists.

Regards,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: