Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7965G showing "Unprovisioned" after factory reset

Tashi BDFCL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently I had a problem with my Cisco IP Phone 7965g which I had to do factory reset. After factory reset I found that the IP phone was empty with no firmware.

I downloaded the firmware for cp-7965g (cmterm-7945_7965-sip.9-2-1SR2.zip) from cisco download page.

My loading of firmware to IP phone was successful but what i see in IP Phone is "Unprovisioned".

I have following CCME router version"

Cisco IOS Software, C3900 Software (C3900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

and my Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express version is:

BDFCL-CCME#sh telephony-service
CONFIG (Version=8.6)
=====================
Version 8.6
Max phoneload sccp version 17
Max dspfarm sccp version 18
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
For on-line documentation please see:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

May be the version downloaded for my IP Phone does not match with me CUCM version.

Can anyone suggest me where I have made wrong? If the firmware which I have downloaded is not meant for my CUCM then please suggest me the correct version
of firmware.

Guidance for my issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Unprovisioned usually means that the phone is not correctly configured in CallManager.

It's highly unlikely to be a firmware mis-match.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks for the response. I would be very grateful if you can give me information about the proper IP Phone C-7965G Firmware for CUCME ver 8.6.

And also to guide me about installing firmware in the IP Phone.

Thanks

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html ??

(I'm not a CUCME expert, so I just did a quick google)

Thanks. I am also seeking a help of getting IP Phone Firmware for my above CCME version.

I would appreciate if you help me getting the Firmware for my IP Phone which is compatible with my Call manager version.

Looking forward to hear from you.

What version firmware does your phone currently have?

GTG

cmterm-7945_7965-sip.9-2-1SR2.zip which I downloaded.

That should be fine.

GTG