Views
Helpful
Replies

CPC Assurance - Not able to Discover CUCM 8.6.2 Properly

Kasiraman S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm evaluating CPC Assurance Advanced 10.5.1.53684. I have installed a CUCM 8.6.2 with two nodes and tried to discover the Cluster in CPCA and found that it was not able to discover the Publisher properly.  I tested all the credentials and they succeed. Please find the screenshot below and let me know if I'm missing something.

I tried add the Subscriber server directly with same Credential policy and it was able to discover the Subscriber properly(Screenshot below with IP 192.168.8.12).

I have followed all the guidelines from this URL: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Setting_up_Devices_for_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance#Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager

• Prime Collaboration supports Cisco Unified CM clusters. You must ensure that the cluster IDs are unique. To verify the cluster ID go to the Enterprise Parameteres Configuration page (System > Enterprise Parameters) on Cisco Unified CM publisher (for every cluster).
  • The same credentials must be created for all devices in the cluster whenever clustering is used.
  • The JTAPI user needs to have these roles Standard AXL API Access, CCM Admin Users, SERVICEABILITY Administration, CTI Enabled, and CTI Allow Call Monitoring.
  • The session monitoring feature is supported only from Cisco Unified CM 8.5 release onwards.

Publisher Info:

Host Name    : CUCM-862-PUB
Date         : Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:21:51
Time Zone    : India Standard Time (Asia/Kolkata)
Locale       : en_US.UTF-8
Product Ver  : 8.6.2.20000-2
OS Ver       : 5.0.0.0-2
License MAC  : 5faa2a0a1f6c

admin:show network cluster
192.168.8.11 cucm-862-pub  Publisher authenticated
192.168.8.12 cucm-962-sub1  Subscriber authenticated using TCP since Mon Oct 27 11:46:01 2014

6 Replies 6

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you verify if service are activated on Publisher.

*Ensure the following services are activated and started: 
 **Cisco CTIManager 
 **Cisco AXL Web Service

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hi Mohammed,

Both the services are running in both server. I tried restart services/servers without luck.

Thanks,

Kasi

Hi Kasi,

Looks like SNMP is not running on CUCM Publisher. Enable SNMP then re-discover the cluster and see if that helps.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hi Mohammed,

Its running SNMP and from the Manage Credentials section, I was able to test the credential profile against CUCM Pub(192.168.8.11) and both SNMP, HTTP and JTAPI connections passed.

Is there anyway I can check why it is not able to discover the Publisher properly.

I just tested with 9.X and it was successful.

Thanks,

Kasi

Hi Kasi,

Try below and let me know how it goes.

1. Login to Prime Collaboration UI as globaladmin.
2. Navigate to the below URL - Copy and paste the below URL to the same browser window after replacing the correct Prime Collaboration server IP address and Call Manager IP address.
    https://<PCServerIPAddress>/emsam/service/inventory/delete?deviceIP=
    Ex:https://10.106.87.202/emsam/service/inventory/delete?deviceIP=10.106.91.91
3. You should see a success message.
4. Navigate back to Device Work Center page and discover the Call Manager again.

HTH

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Thanks much Mohammed. Will give it a try and will update you!

Regards,

Kasi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: