cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

create custom ringer on 7962 model

waldronks
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a simple way to create a custom ringer for the 7962 model phone? I am using version 8.0.3 CUCM

Thanks in advance!

--K

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes using the Phone Designer Widget; however, it has been axed and no longer works starting in CUCM 8.5. Enjoy it while it lasts. Once you upgrade past 8.0 you will have to use the TFTP server RingList method.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes using the Phone Designer Widget; however, it has been axed and no longer works starting in CUCM 8.5. Enjoy it while it lasts. Once you upgrade past 8.0 you will have to use the TFTP server RingList method.

Thanks! So I downloaded the phone designer and go to open it and receive a pop up "Phone Designer has encountered an issue that requires the application to be closed. If the problem persists please contact your administrator".

Any thoughts on this?

Hi Jonathan

That's interesting - is it the Phone Designer app that is being dropped, or the XML commands that the phones respond to?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Not sure but it most certainly doesn't work any more. I had a customer that upgraded to 8.5 - having forgotten all about giving a few departments Phone Designer - and wow did I.T. hear about it after the upgrade. It got escalated to the account team but there is no planned replacement for it apparently.

Hmm.. must fire up the lab then tomorrow - I've written a similar tool for use by admins/engineers for bulk deployment. I'll be disappointed if it stops working :-)

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!