cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a CSV file for voice mail profiles using Bulk Administration Tool

lwhitney2009
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the Bulk Administration Tool in Unity 8.0 to create voice mail profiles.

I get "duplicate column" errors. I go back through the files and there are no duplicates of anything.

Is there a walk through document somewhere out there?

Thanks,

Leah

2 Replies 2

judew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

The following document should cover how to export user information to a csv and update users via the Bulk Administration Tool:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmacappa.pdf

I would suggest trying to export to a new csv and make sure the formatting stays the same. Make sure the document is a purely text document. No special character returns or ascii formatted characters.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

aiwapro09
Level 1
Level 1

I am not aware of a walk through document, but try opening the document in notepad, and see if you see anything out of the ordinary.  However, like previous poster said, try exporting, or copying and pasting to a new spreadsheet.

If you are updating the voice mail profiles for existing lines, you can do this with a spreadsheet import.  You can perform this in the Update Lines option of the Bulk Administration Tool menu.  There you can select the lines that you want to change, and then select what fields you want to change.