cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

creating and renaming IP phone services

tachyon05
Level 1
Level 1

I have a extension mobility IP phone service created, with the enterprise subscription disabled. Some phones are using this service, and the extension mobility feature has been working on these phones. More phones will need this feature in the future, so I would like to enable enterprise subscription on this service, but I learned this option can only be enabled at the time the service is created. I need to the know the following.

1. If I rename the existing service to Extension Mobility OLD, will that impact production and will users notice anything?

2. If I create a new service named Extension Mobility, and enable the enterprise subscription, will that impact production and will users notice anything?

Specifically I need to make sure all phones (those configured for extension mobility using the old service and those, not configured for extension mobility) will not be impacted during and after this change.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Neither of these should affect production until you press the Update Subscriptions button. One way to test is to create a new service and assign it to one phone then rename the service.

Brandon